Bitcs Pvt Ltd. ("us", "we", or "our") operates Bitcs.in (the "Site" or the “Platform”) to provide relevant services information to our users.This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, usage and disclosure of personal information we receive from visitors on our site. We use your personal information only for providing better, well-informed services and improving the Site.
- Clients/ Visitors ("Users"): Users who request the help of experts on our site.
- Mentors: Experts who provide services to ‘Clients’ or otherwise make content available on the site.
1. Information we Collect and Receive
- This is information you actively give us while taking certain actions on our site, such as creating an account, filling out your profile and completing payment procedures. While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain pieces of personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information ("personal information" or “personal data”) may include (but is not limited to)- your name, email address, profile photo and payment information. Through the use of the site, you may also provide us with data that is not personally identifiable (“non-identifying data”). This includes additional profile information, such as your expertise, time zone and language.
- In addition to the information provided by you, we also collect information when you use our site (including usage information and log data).
- When you use the site, we collect information about your interactions on the platform, such as requests posted, session history, freelance jobs, pages viewed, posts liked and followed, and payment history.
- Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information, such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and several other statistics.
- Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier (Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information). Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. You can choose to refuse all cookies (By instructing the browser or to indicate when a cookie is being sent). However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
- If you link, connect or login to your bitcs account with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Twitter, GitHub), the third-party service may send us information, such as your email and profile information from that service account. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you, via your privacy settings at that service.
2. Use of Personal Information
- We may use your email, name, and other information to send you notification emails and important site and account reminders. As required by applicable law, legal process, or regulation, we may use your personal information (if required by law). An example of this is the collection and use of tax information for mentors to provide, improve, maintain, and develop the site and services. Besides, we use information collected from mentors’ expertise and clients’ requests to recommend mentors for jobs.
- We use the payment information you provide us (to charge you for charges incurred on the site). We may also access your data to help resolve disputes and answer your questions about your account.
- To maintain and display your public profile. Every user and mentor have a public profile on our site bitcs. We display both information you provide us, (e.g. biography, expertise) and information we collect (E.g. mentor ratings and reviews, session/ Job count). If you do not want your profile to be public or indexed by search engines, please reach out to our support team email@example.com.
- We may display targeted marketing and promotional messaging to promote our services or site. This includes (but is not limited to) emails, in-app notifications, web and browser notifications and displays.
- We may use aggregated client and mentor data to view trends across time to aid our product development. For testimonials and success stories, we may reveal your personal information as part of our testimonials and success stories. We will only ever do this with your explicit permission.
- We may disclose your personal information to third-party services, who act as our service providers or advertising partners. For example, we may provide your email address to Sendgrid, our email and newsletter service provider to send you notifications and other emails.
3. Updating and Deleting your Information
If you wish to update your account or profile information, you can do so from your Account Settings and Profile page (accessed from the dropdown menu at the top right of your dashboard). When you delete your account from Account Settings, we remove all personal data we have on record, including your name, email, photo, social profiles, IP, payment information and payout information. This means all account deletions are permanent. We may retain some personal data for a while, as required by law or if there are ongoing payment disputes. For example, we retain tax documentation for mentors due to legal obligations.
Please note that you may not be able to delete your account if you have pending payments, pending payouts, ongoing jobs, or disputes.
4. Data Storage, Retention, and Security
Your Personal Information is password protected and our main servers are locked and hosted by leading third-party vendors such as Heroku and Amazon. Access to the host environment is secure, we maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs. By using our services or site, you authorize us to transfer, store and use your information in the United States and any other country, where we operate. We may retain personal information under circumstances including (but not limited to): When we have legal obligations that retain this data.
- If we suspect, there is fraud or scam.
- If you have an ongoing dispute with a mentor or client.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously, but no method of transmission over the Internet or other electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
6. Contact Us